RAM Industries, a manufacturer and distributor of residential and commercial windows and doors, is in search of an experienced accounting professional to fill the position of Senior Accountant to support the Company’s accounting and finance functions.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a multitude of areas relating to timely and accurate financial reporting. This position will be responsible for refining and maintaining various accounting principles, practices and procedures. This position addresses tight deadlines and a number of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This individual will have contact with customers, vendors, and other relevant third-parties, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure. Prepare both routine / recurring and non-routine general journal entries for review by management prior to posting.
- Manage existing costing system, and expand as needed with ERP changes. Prepare end-of-month costing journal entries.
- Coordinate with purchasing department to schedule and perform cycle and annual physical inventory counts.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Support the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Support accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, as needed.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Identify areas for improvement and brings solutions for expedited resolution with continued monitoring.
- Respond to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer, VP of Strategic Development, VP of Operations, and CEO regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the external audit firm and CFO to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Chief Financial Officer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/BS in accounting, CPA and/or public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with SAGE products a plus
- 3+ years experience in cost accounting and/or in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Excel
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Chief Financial Officer.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For over 30 years, RAM has supported architects, builders and remodelers, commercial building contractors, developers and homeowners with the industry’s top windows and doors – and every custom package we deliver is equally designed and manufactured to create beautiful aesthetics, exceptional performance and long-lasting durability.
RAM is a Texas-based, leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality windows and doors for both residential and light commercial construction. Our residential projects throughout Texas include custom, one-of-a-kind homes that typically range from $500,000 and up. Our light commercial projects can be found throughout the United States, and these types of buildings include hotels & hospitals, schools & dorms, government & civic projects, medical offices, worship centers, multi-family dwellings, restaurants, retail outlets and more.
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com along with a cover page to briefly introduce yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 annually, commensurate with experience