RAM, a manufacturer and distributor of residential and commercial windows and doors in Houston, Texas, is in search of a seasoned delivery driver to join our team. As a delivery driver, you will be working closely with our sales department, warehouse associates and more importantly our customers. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi task. You will be interacting closely with customers and must maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism. This is a full-time position that requires work on Saturday as well as overtime. The delivery driver is responsible for driving a one ton truck with trailer to transport and deliver windows and doors all over Texas. This position is a touch freight position, which means drivers load, unload and move merchandise at customer’s location. An employee must be able to meet the physical demands and work environment characteristics that are listed below. Send resume to HR@ramind.com
- Prolonged sitting, standing, talking, listening
- Maneuvering of body including pushing, lifting, pulling, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping; frequent use of hands and arms; handling merchandise
- The ability to lift and move up to 100 lbs.; push/pull 100 lbs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Check all load-related documentation to verify all information is accurate and complete
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions
- Responsible for securing loads
- Must be able to interpret maps and utilize GPS systems to determine vehicle routes
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid government issued Driver License
- Minimum of One year work-related driving experience and skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Prioritize work assignments and manage time